Trek to Chanderkhani Pass
Early morning drive to Naggar (21 kms). From Naggar the trail leads past Roerich's cottage and along the main bridle path for 1 km before branching uphill to the village of Rumsu. There is an ancient wooden temple with close ties to the temples dedicated to Jamlu in Malana. From Rumsu head up the ridge to the east of the village and follow a well defined trail through a forest of deodar, pine and horse chestnut, Trek further to reach Ganachalani. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
This trail from Ganachalani ascends through the forest for 4 kms to a series of open meadows. The lowest meadow is around 3000 m, where shepherds from the Kullu valley graze their animals. From these alpine meadows fine views extend up the Kullu valley to Manali and the Pir Panjal Range and across to the Bara Bhangal Range. The trail heads through a small rhododendron forest to a series of alpine meadows to Celanti. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
This day we will start early to reach Pass in order to enjoy magnificent views. It's an hour trek to the pas from Cerlanti. From celanti trek to ridge line and cairns that defines the Chandrakhani pass. There are impressive views to the north, including the Ghalpo Peaks of Lahaul- Dharamsura (6446 m) and Papsura (6451 m) and the other high peaks in the upper Tosh valley, while the snow capped ranges of the Himala extend to the head of the Parvati Valley. From the pass the trail to Dadru remains about 100 meters below the ridgeline for a further 2 - 3 kms. It descends to the meadow at Nagarvani (3350m). From Nagarvani a couple of river crossings and passage through the forest of silver fir and oak leads to the village of Dadru. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
From Dadru continue along the Malana River until you reach a bridge over the Malana River and the trail to Kasol village: this route leads to the Rashol pass (3260m) and the Parvati valley. Continue trekking to the village of Malana. Malana is an isolated village community with around 50 families. It has its own language, customs, laws and is governed by village elders. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
From Malana, trail descends to the valley floor from where a fairly level walk leads through beautiful forest for 5-6 kms reaching the new dam on the Malana River, The 12 kms trek from the dam wall to Jari can be completed in 2-3 hours. Jari is just above the confluence of Malana and parvati rivers. Dinner & overnight stay in tents.
Today after early breakfast we will drive to Manali, this will take about 6 hours. Dinner & overnight stay in the hotel.
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.