Bhrigu Lake Trek
Bhrigu Lake is a lake located at an elevation of around 4,300 metres (14,100 ft) in Kullu district, Himachal Pradesh, India. It is located to the east of Rohtang Pass and is around 6 kilometres (3.7 mi) from Gulaba village. It can be reached by trekking either from the Vashishth temple, which is famous for its hot water springs, which is close to the town of Manali or from Gulaba village. Actually there is no settlement in Gulaba and is actually an area of the Pir Panjal mountain range. It is named after Maharishi Bhrigu.
We drive 15km. upto the Manali Rohtang highway to the meadows of Gulaba. The views of the upper kullu valley from here are quite spectacular. The trail toward the lake goes east ward and climb through the dence forest of Deodar the cross a small stream to the camp site of kothi Theli.
We ascent towards the lake slowly as the altitude can make you a little breathless. we cross a mountain stream and then keep climbing till we cross a mountain ridge beyond which lies the Bhrigu lake. We reach the beautiful lake by the afternoon and set the camp.
After the breathtaking views of the Bhrigu lake We walk cross a small meadows and climbing up to a mountain to Vashisht Theli. During the trekking we will pass through the Pandu Ropa(Rice fields of Pandvas) over night camp.
This day is our steep descent to the village of Vashisht. The descend offer a great view of the entire Kullu valley. We walk through forest and slowly emerged into apple orchards and finally reach the Vashisht hot spring then to Manali.
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.