Flavor of Himalayas Group Trek
DURATION : 07 DAY ON TREK
RATING OF THE TREK : EASY TO MODERATE
BEST TIME : MAR – MAY & SEP – NOV
Day 01: Pathankot - Mcleod Ganj (1768 Mts.) - Arrivel Day
Pick up from Pathankot Railway Station and transfer Mcleod Ganj total distance 100KM.After fresh up walk around Bhagsu Nag and Mcleod Ganj for acclimatization.O/N stay at Hotel.
Day 02: McLeod Ganj - Boh - Kanol (15oo Mts.) - Trek Starts
After breakfast drive to Boh Village (45 Kms. / 02 Hrs.) the starting point of the trek. It is a steep ascent from Boh for about two hours till we reach Batuni Village. At Batuni village we can even visit one of the village houses to witness the lifestyle of local people. Another one hour climb takes us to Lingru Nag Temple which also the lunch point. After lunch it is a downhill walk through the lush green fields till we reach Kanol Village where we camp for the overnight stay.
Day 03: Kanol - Kareri Village (1900 Mts. / 12 Kms.)
After breakfast we start our trek walking through several small villages. Visit one of the village schools enroute and interact with the children. We reach the camping place around 4 P.M. The campsite is located on the banks of a small river. Overnight in tents near the village.
Day 04: Kareri - Bahl (1900 Mts. / 12 Kms.)
A leveled walk from Kareri Village takes us to Khari Behi. From Khari Behi it is a steep downhill walk for about an hour to Rawa Village, situated on the bank of a small river. From Rawa village it is steep ascent for another 2 hours to Bahl Village. Camp near a small stream close to the village.
Day 05: Bahl - Triund (2875 Mts. / 09 Kms.)
Early start is recommended as the mountain trail continues uphill for most of the day. Cross the Bhated River and follow a rough trail which climbs steeply through the forest to Galu Temple. From here the terrain changes to a wide paved mountain path as we continue our gradual uphill climb all the way till Triund. Triund is set on an alpine meadow, high up on a ridge facing snow capped peaks of Dhauladhar on one side and beautiful Kangra Valley on the other. Camp here for the overnight stay.
Day 06: Triund - McLeod Ganj (Dharamsala) via Leta
The finest stretch the trekking in the mountains will be the return journey back to Dharamsala, which is downhill. We pass through a beautiful water fall before finishing our trek at Bhagsu Nag Village near a Hindu Temple. O/N Stay at Hotel.
Day 07: Mcleod ganj-Patahnkot drop
After lunch drive back to Patahnkot railway station drop.TOUR END
The above cost includes:
- All trekking arrangements including sleeping tents (Alpine shape), sleeping mattresses, toilet tents, dinning tent, kitchen tent, etc.
- English speaking mountain guide.
- Cook & kitchen helper.
- Camp boys and Mules for luggage.
- All meals during the trek starting from lunch on day 01 of the trek till lunch on the last day of the trek.
- Hotel with APAI.
- Transport as per given Itinerary Pathankot to Pathankot.
The cost does not include:
- Any air or train fare before and after the tour.
- Main meals at the hotel or any other place other than on the trek.
- Insurance of any kind (personal, medical, accidental etc.)
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, laundry, phone bill, tips etc.
- Emergency evacuation charges.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the cost includes head.