Spiti Valley Trek
Today we will start to gain the altitude towards the Rohtang pass after the cross the Kunzum pass ( gate way to Spiti.) enroot we will enter in the first village of Spiti, Lossar.. Then to Kaza. Kaza is the head quarter of the Spiti region. Spiti is the part of District of Lahoul & Spiti. Of Himachal Pradesh. India.
Kee monastery is the very famous and the old monastery in the region. Over night camp at the beautiful grassy campsite in the Kibber village.
Langza village is the highest village in the Asia.in this area we will find spiti shells, ammonite, belemnite and fossils of the billion years. There’s a national park for the geologist.
The trail slowly winds up to pastures and the grazy yaks and sheep are visible during the trekking. Over night camp at the shore of the misty village.
This village guides are a good source of information for not only about the places but about the unique history of the surrounding villages
During trekking we will see the panoramic views of the valley and the custom and culture of the habitants, In Lalung there is the oldest temple and possibly one of the oldest tree(dating back to more then 1000 years ) in spiti are found here.
This the day we have to cross a stream and enter into the valley of monks. There is a small but very enchanting lake which changes the view very spectacular. There is old and famous monastery of the region. Dhankar was the capital of the Spiti in old days.
This day we will trek towards the historical and the oldest monastery of the region Tabo Monastery about 1006 or more years old.
We will visit the some old monasteries of the region overnight camp at Rangrik a beautiful camping ground on the shore of spiti river
To day is 9 hrs. Drive back to Manali via Kunzum pass and Rohtang pass to Manali.
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.