Pin Parvati Trek
NATURE OF TRIP Trekking
LOCATION Kullu, Himachal Pradesh
DURATION 12 day (Manikaran - Manali)
TREKKING DAYS 12 Days
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE Pin Parvati – 5319mts
SEASON July – September
ACCOMODATION Tents - 11 nights, 1 Night in Rest House.
From Manali drive to Manikaran hot springs 90 km. from Manali then drive another 7 km. to Barsheni.Trek to Kalga village a small clearing in the thick pine forest, through the misty and heavily wooded virgin forests of the Kullu valley.
Except to short steep climb in between , the trek through the forest to Khir ganga is a pleasant walk.Khir Ganga is a holy place with a hot water spring. Small temple of lord Shiva and a bathing tank . this is a last chance to take a hot water bath on the trek.
The trek is covered with trees of pine and is heavily wooded . Tunda Bhuz is the upper limit for the pine forest and there is an abundance of Bhuz(Birch)trees. Camp at lush green campsite.
This is a challenging day of the trek , because the trek is steep and difficult in some section close to Thakurkuan.This area lies with in the Kanawar wild life sanctuary and one may cross small Himalayan brown ears at lower altitude and wild sheep or snow leopards in high altitude.
This is a little hard but spectacular trek to wards the campsite. There is some unique rock bridges. Due to these bridges its name is Pandu Pul( bridge) a grassy camp site.
Trek to Mantalaie lake through the flower speckled grasslands. there is an abundance of quartz and semi precious gems around here. Picking up rock souvenirs from here is not allowed over night camp.
Over the glacier and loose scree slopes trekking is challenging . There is a beautiful grassy campsite.
This pass is difficult to trek and snow fields make it more difficult . This take a necessary precautions on this section. Every body roped up as the crevasses may not be easily visible.
After the pass descends over asteep scree slops to reach first camp in Pin valley.
A short walk after crossing the challenging Pin Parvati pass is a very spectacular walk changing the landscape with high snow clad mountain peaks. Over night camp at grassy camp site.
Today we will get to the first village in Spiti.A village which is one of its kind and is set a below a cliff and inhabitant by simple folk of Tibetan stock.This is the last night of the trek.
Trek from Mud to Sagnam.The largest village of the pin valley . from Sagnam you will be picked up by jeep to Kaza by surface transportation.
Drive Kaza to Manali over the Kunzum pass (4530mts.) or stay in Kaza for the explore the spiti for few days.
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.