Jalsu Pass Trek
NATURE OF TRIP Trekking
LOCATION Dharamshala, Himachal Pradesh
DURATION 05 days (McLeod Ganj -Nayagran)
TREKKING DAYS 05 Days
MAXIMUM ALTITUDE Jalsu Pass – 3433m
GRADE Easy to Moderate
SEASON April – June & October - November
ACCOMODATION Tents – 4 nights.
Jalsu is a low height pass of the Dhauladhar range that connects Kangra Valley to the upper Ravi valley in Chamba district.It is an easy trek where the relatively gentle gradient even enables mules to go up to the Kangra side.Bara Bhangal (Kangra) and Holi (Chamba) residents use this pass tocross over Kangra and vice versa as it saves both time and money compared to travelling by bus via Chamba.Gaddi shepherds cross the pass in large numbers.The grasslans and the wild flowers extend to the top of the pass.
DAY 01 and 02: Mcleodganj – Uttralla - Bankuddu (1870m) Trek/60 km
Day one we start Trek after breakfast and drive to Uttralla by jeep and from Uttralla we do little trek to Bankuddu.O/N Camp at Bankuddu.O/N Camp at Bankuddu.
DAY 02: Bankuddu – Parai (2398m) Trek/8 km
After breakfast we start trek to Parai.Parai is a temporary shepherds encampement,O.N Camp at Parai.
DAY 03 Parai – Yara Got (3433 m) Trek/8 km
After breakfast start trek to Yara Got via Jalsu Pass.Jalsu is a Most scenic area with lot of water around and green pastures.It is a nice camp site for trekkers and shepherds. O/N Camp at Yara Got.
DAY 04: Yara Got – Surai (2788 m) Trek/9 km
After breakfast we start trek to Surai Village.After cross the beautifull pass we walk down to bridge cross over walk the trail and pass Surai on your right.O/N Camp at Surai.
DAY 05: Surai – Nayagran ( 2245 m) 6km
After breakfast we start trek to Surai to Nayagran lunch at Nayagran.From Nayagran we take company jeep back to Dharamsala or Pathankot.
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day 06.
- Porter/mules for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide
- Park entry fee & all applicable taxes
Cost does not include
- Travel between Delhi and McLeod ganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
PRICE ON REQUEST
Transport Options (Delhi – McLeod ganj – Delhi)
For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamshala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Kingfisher Red.
There is frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 550 - 900 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka tilla every 30 mins. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Summer in McLeod Ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications