Dhauladhar Forest Camping
DURATION : 03 DAY ON TREK
RATING OF THE TREK : EASY TO MODERATE
BEST TIME : MAR – MAY & SEP – NOV
Bahl 2200Mts. and Triund 2875Mts. both are one of the best camping sites in Dhauldhar region specially for school Groups and corporate groups.
Day 01: McLeod Ganj – Naddi – BAHL (23oo Mts.) - Trek Starts
Arrivel Mcleod Ganj from Delhi after that we start little trek from Naddi the road head side to Bahl Camping site .A leveled walk from Naddi takes us to Bahl.Lunch on the camp site. O/N Camp near a small stream close to the village.
Day 04: Bahl - Triund (2875 Mts. / 09 Kms.)
Early start is recommended as the mountain trail continues uphill for most of the day. Cross the Bhated River and follow a rough trail which climbs steeply through the forest to Galu Temple. From here the terrain changes to a wide paved mountain path as we continue our gradual uphill climb all the way till Triund. Triund is set on an alpine meadow, high up on a ridge facing snow capped peaks of Dhauladhar on one side and beautiful Kangra Valley on the other. Camp here for the overnight stay.
Day 03: Triund – McLeod Ganj (Dharamsala) via Leta
The finest stretch the trekking in the mountains will be the return journey back to Dharamsala, which is downhill. We pass through a beautiful water fall before finishing our trek at Bhagsu Nag Village near a Hindu Temple. Trek Ends. We drive from Bhagsu Nag to the hotel/campsite by cars.
The above package includes:
- All trekking arrangements including sleeping tents (Alpine shape), sleeping mattresses, toilet tents, dinning tent, kitchen tent, etc.
- English speaking mountain guide.
- Cook & kitchen helper.
- Camp boys and Mules for luggage.
- All meals during the trek starting from lunch on day 01 of the trek till lunch on the last day of the trek.
- Rock Climbing and Rappeling.
The package does not include:
- Any air or train fare before and after the tour.
- Transportation of any kind other than mentioned above.
- Main meals at the hotel or any other place other than on the trek.
- Insurance of any kind (personal, medical, accidental etc.)
- Items of personal nature such as beverages, laundry, phone bill, tips etc.
- Emergency evacuation charges.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the cost includes head.
PRICE ON REQUEST
Transport Options (Delhi - Mcleod ganj - Delhi)
For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamshala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Kingfisher Red
There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 550 - 900 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka tilla every 30 mins. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Summer in Mcleod ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications.