Day Trek to Triund
Duration full day
Departure time 8:30 am everyday
The trek start from mcleod ganj.the first destination is galu temple and then head towards the trail to triund, from Galu temple the next 5 km are gradual compare to beginning of the trek. The last strech is very tiring which require skill to climb. Triund is most beautiful meadow surrounded by mountain on its north, Kangra valley is to south.
There is some forest and local rest houses. On the north east of triund, lies mt. Indrahara (4320mts) the peak called Moon peak. Return via another route comparatively rough and tough, but it always depends on the weather and secondly you must be very good walker. The entire trek is coverd with cedar, oak and rhododendron trees.there are varieties of himalayan flowers of different kinds. On the half way is magic view cafe a wonderful place for rest. The entire trek is most charming enjoyble and challenging.
Cost Includes :
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- Vegetarian Packed lunch.
- Expert Mountain Guide with English speaking.
- Walking Stick and Ponchos.
PRICE ON REQUEST
IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
- Transport Options (Delhi - Mcleod ganj - Delhi)
- For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamsala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Kingfisher Red.
- There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 550 - 900 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka tilla every 30 mins. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Weather Details :
- Summer in Mcleod ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
- Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications.