Day hike to Guna Devi
Duration full day
Departure time 8:30 am everyday
This trek passes through dal lake and naddi village (ascent), again descent to bhated river 20/30 minutes ateep climb up to village balgaon with a panoramic view of kangra valley towards south. From here another valley starts and at distance lies kareri village. Before reachingto the guna temple a fantastic view of ghasutri pass-way to chamba valley is seen.guna mata temple is dedicated to goddess durga. This place is most suitable for meditation.
From Balgaon take another route via galu mata and dharamkot village to reach mcleodganj.
Cost Includes :
- Transport cost for private departures is extra and can be provided to you once we know the dates, choice of vehicle and the group size.
- Vegetarian Packed lunch.
- Expert Mountain Guide with English speaking.
- Walking Stick and Ponchos.
PRICE ON REQUEST
IMPORTANT INFORMATION :
- Transport Options (Delhi - Mcleod ganj - Delhi)
- For travel to Mcleod ganj and back one can choose between air, rail & road. For air travel, the closest airport is the Gaggal DHM, also known as Kangra Airport, or Dharamsala Airport and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Kingfisher Red.
- There are frequent Public Transport buses including Volvos available from Delhi to Mcleodganj that cost about Rs. 550 - 900 per person. These buses depart from Majnu ka tilla every 30 mins. or so and take about 12 hrs to cover the distance. The same is also applicable on the return journey. A private vehicle could also be arranged for if you require the same.
Weather Details :
- Summer in Mcleod ganj extends from March to June when the temperature variation is recorded to be ranging between 23°c and 27°c. Mercury sometimes reaches up to 38°c but never goes beyond that. During winters the temperature can drop to -1° and the maximum temperature hardly goes up to 20°c.
- Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes. Whatever the temperatures and conditions rest assured we will be prepared to handle it with ease as we use equipment of very high specifications.